Too much flow?

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have these two power heads, they are both hyggers but the tiny one on the left was rated 1500 ghp and the one on the right has no flow control, but tis rated 500 gph, Now I know thats alot of flow for the left one, I turned it all the way down on its lowest setting and I saw it was still a little too little, I got this other powerhead on the right side to help fight the other one so I can have flow all around the tank. Should I remove one? I was told its too much and to try and test which powerhead helps with the flow more but the only reason I got two was to help find a middle ground for flow.Ignore the tank mess, I just got done medicating coral and feeding them as well, I havent topped it off yet or wiped the glass

IMG_1101.jpg IMG_1102.jpg

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What kind of corals are you keeping?

on my 70g aquarium my return is actually at 500gph, 2 mp40’s @40% and 2 mp10’s on gyre 90%.

You can have lots of flow

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals are you keeping?

on my 70g aquarium my return is actually at 500gph, 2 mp40’s @40% and 2 mp10’s on gyre 90%.

You can have lots of flow
So i have 3 zoas, one clove polyp, one dunca, and a mushroom with a ancan I think? 3 of these corals I know very little about, Oh also I have a galaxia, Orginally I only wanted my clover, and my rasta zoas but I may have bought a mystery pack for a good deal

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those dont need a ton of flow. As long as sands not getting blown crazy as well as the corals arent getting whipped around super hard you should be good. My zoas seem to be ok with highish flow.

What size tank is it?

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those dont need a ton of flow. As long as sands not getting blown crazy as well as the corals arent getting whipped around super hard you should be good. My zoas seem to be ok with highish flow.

What size tank is it?
15 gal,its 15x15x15 in cube

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 gal,its 15x15x15 in cube

For a 15g with your coral selection, I would remove the 500gph powerhead, but keep the adjustable wavemaker. I'd dial it way back, then you can slowly increase it to a point where you get good polyp swaying and detritus getting kicked up.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back