Too white to be a Polyclad? Flatworm ID help please

MCL in SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found two flatworms on the back glass (yes, i know ...lots of algae but thats where my urchin and fromia star eats)

Could these be polyclad even though white?
Looking for eggs and more planaria now with magnifying glass.

There is a happy Maxima Clam (small 3") that does not seem to have been nibbled on.
Lost a few snails trochus snails though, but thought it was natural attrition

Thanks in advance for any expertise!
2023-08-07 22.52.32.jpg
2023-08-08 12.13.16.jpg
2023-08-08 12.13.29.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could these be polyclad even though white?
Yeah, they definitely could be (and I would guess they are) - Polyclad flatworms are just flatworms from the taxonomic order Polycladida; there are a ton of worms in the order, including a number that are white/off-white (such as Amemiyaia pacifica, for example).

OP
OP
M

MCL in SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they definitely could be (and I would guess they are) - Polyclad flatworms are just flatworms from the taxonomic order Polycladida; there are a ton of worms in the order, including a number that are white/off-white (such as Amemiyaia pacifica, for example).
Thank you. Based on your advice, I removed them.

Update: These are Euphyllia Eating Polyclad Flatworms

My torch corals were not extending and "melting", then the hammers did the same thing. Then i noticed a pale white flatworm on the glass identical to the ones I found in August

Took the Euphyllias out and found two flatworms in the corallite of a dying polyp. (first two pics and video)

I did a KoralMD dip and flush (three hammers, one torch) and more flatworms came. I am thinking it was more the turkey baster mechanical agitation/flush that got them out, rather than the dip itself. The worms seemed pretty lively in the dip, although they developed fringes/ruffles

2023-12-16 19.05.46.jpg
2023-12-16 19.06.00.jpg

2023-12-16 20.26.38.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back