Top 12 Favorite Reef Safe Fish

Zachbud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the regal angel reef safe? Keeps popping up:)

OP
OP
NC122606

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the regal angel reef safe? Keeps popping up:)
It is with caution, I would really like to have this in my tank. Honestly, they could eat some of the corals but I found them a bit safer than the other angelfish such as Emperor or others. I think it may be a 50 50 because I saw someone introduce a Regal and a Cowfish / Boxfish. Can you guess who went for the coral? Surprisingly the Boxfish went after the corals and the Regal did not touch them and is still living in their tank. So I think it could be with Caution but it could also work.

rodney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with foxface, coral beauty and flame angel are not good, lost many corals and they ripped apart, return them to lfs one after another.
Yes I have had a flame angel nip a little but have had 3different fox face rabbit fish all were model citizens .

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have had a flame angel nip a little but have had 3different fox face rabbit fish all were model citizens .

I was wondering the same thing.
I guess your ideal of reef safe is different than mine. That and we different type of reef, different feeding regiment, and different fish even if some of them are of the same species.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience reef safe with caution means if the fish is not fed enough or enough variety it will eat certain corals usually one type only though. I have plenty of fish that are with caution and none touch any of my corals but I feed heavier than most.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back