OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident is installed, running first tests, installion was simple and straight forward.

0785D5D1-55DE-4750-BC70-6DA0DA0B0AA0.jpeg

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 6 month supply of reagents are out now for $99.
They have fixed the leaking reagent issues.
So far I am very happy with the Trident. It’s super quiet, minimal waste, controls my DOS, has been precise and accurate. I am very happy with my decision.

Andy429

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dastaco is working on their own kh tester. They should release it pretty soon. Their tester will connect to the dastaco controller and regulate the co2...

AMS has lost their lead engineer and the project has stalled. They also state that when back on track they are looking to develop an interface to work with other alk monitors which is really good news. It has been suggested to me that in the meantime the best setup with a dastaco/alkatronic etc is to tune down the dastaco output to just below required levels and let the alk monitor dose small amounts of carbonate to fine tune back up to required levels. That way they dastaco never needs to be turned off. A spike failsafe I suspect would be fine if using an apex to control upper and lower limits.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone summarize the thread please. Read a few pages but too much.. Overall what was the best monitor ?

Trident - Monitoring only 3 tests
Reef Bot Monitor / dosing multiple
Alkatronic - 1 test only (Alk or cal/mag)
KH Guardian - 1 test ALk
KH Director- Monitor / dosing 1 test ALK

KH director you can choose to monitor or monitor and dose. Anyone have any experience with KH Director?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can monitor and or dose with the KH Director. I have 3 of them, I calibrate the PH probe every 6 months, all my tanks are steady at 7.5KH. One is controlled by a calcium reactor and is connected to a P4. I have a stand alone unit for my frag tank which is also monitor and dosing and has a second slave doser connected to it which is dosing aquaforest 3 part.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn’t stopped by this thread in a while. Great to see the progress! Thanks to everyone for figuring it out.

I’m about to run out of reagent and just purchased the 4L 0.1N sulfuric acid from amazon. Great improvement and can’t wait to try it out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back