Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
Update - was chatting with one of the sites chat window reps on a whim while checking off and on. They said next shipment is 2 weeks. They put up their last shipment yesterday and again sold out in minutes.

Wonder how accurate that next shipment in 2 weeks is...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update - was chatting with one of the sites chat window reps on a whim while checking off and on. They said next shipment is 2 weeks. They put up their last shipment yesterday and again sold out in minutes.

Wonder how accurate that next shipment in 2 weeks is...
I have heard this from 2 sources as well

U

User1

View Badges
I have heard this from 2 sources as well

Ok - then we wait some more :D

Thanks for input - I wasn't sure how accurate but if we are seeing it else where or the same sites told us the same chances are high it is correct.

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really brilliant marketing actually. Run out in 2 min to drive up demand. I was not originally planning on even upgrading to Trident right away but now feel need to grab one ASAP. Probably a storage unit filled with thousands waiting for timed release. Haha.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in at 10:03am. Funny because everyone here getting the email after they were all sold out.

I asked this same exact question Sunday night of BRS support. I LITERALLY said "The speed of your emailing system would basically ensure that most users will receive the back in stock email LONG AFTER all of them are sold out"

The response I got from Brad word for word was "As for the in-stock email this is automatically sent out once the inventory is updated on our site so you would receive it whenever it was available for purchase."

This just isn't how an email system works. The message gets queued in the outgoing mailbox, and they are sent out one by one (roughly the idea...there is more to this). So the first person in the queue gets their email long before the last person in the queue. If you have 10,000 customers, you have 10,000 people waiting in a virtual Postfix line. Which is why some people got their email at 10:03 and some people got their email at 10:11. You were in the line after me.

I believe I nabbed the very last one available yesterday because I hit buy and immediately after it was sold out.

IMO the better thing for BRS to do if they want to ensure fairness in alerting everyone for in stock is not to send the email when its available. Send the email at 10am CST and say "at 6PM CST stock will be available"

And then make sure your danged servers are synced to a NTP clock near you. So you don't release them at 5:58PM.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real issue here is Neptune. This is a classic iPhone/Nintendo Classic release scenario. Almost two years later they somehow missed we all want one and release a few hundred to start with?

U

User1

View Badges
The real issue here is Neptune. This is a classic iPhone/Nintendo Classic release scenario. Almost two years later they somehow missed we all want one and release a few hundred to start with?

Not to be glass half full half empty sort of fella but would you rather have held up the launch to build up the inventory and supply chain?

Seems people are getting them but it is taking a bit of extra effort (such has estimating when stock is added and on site, with payment info updated, and hitting refresh frequently).

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one early, so I am bias now. But before I was able to buy one. I definitely felt like Neptune should've built up a MUCH LARGER inventory before release. At least two or three day's worth of inventory. That way anyone who truly wanted one had a chance. And if you waited, well that was your own fault.

But it seems like right now, we're in for 6+ months of people having to literally purchase a unit within 30 seconds from receiving the email. And thats only if you get lucky and receive the email before everyone else. Because as we see above, it can take at least 11 minutes for you to receive the email. If the units get sold out at 10:03:30AM and you get the email at 10:04PM. You're hosed and have zero chance.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be glass half full half empty sort of fella but would you rather have held up the launch to build up the inventory and supply chain?

Seems people are getting them but it is taking a bit of extra effort (such has estimating when stock is added and on site, with payment info updated, and hitting refresh frequently).

I would have. I mean I have waited 20 months already from announcement so I would know no difference. It just baffled me when companies know there is so much demand and produce so little.

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree. It took months and months to get it launched. Probably would have made a lot more happy customers to wait another month or two and have enough stock to last a day. I still think it’s a marketing ploy to cause a frenzy.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree. It took months and months to get it launched. Probably would have made a lot more happy customers to wait another month or two and have enough stock to last a day. I still think it’s a marketing ploy to cause a frenzy.

Quite possible but I feel with this particular product it is a “one off.” Nowhere else to go for this unit. Wanted one from day one and still do. They hooked me back in ‘17.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I could see them holding back on purpose is to make sure their support center could handle any issues without being overwhelmed.

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at my email from BRS and it was time stamped 10:05 CST and I happen to be sitting at my computer. I was able to get over to the BRS website and buy one before they sold out. It's just going to be one of those deals where for the next few months only the lucky ones who are in a position to go buy one right when they hit the website will get one. And I agree with everyone who has stated that Neptune has not handled the launch of this product very well.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... I had to call BRS today about a shipping question. After finishing that discussion, I asked about the expected arrival of the next batch Tridents. I was told they received a few again today but sold out in minutes (WHAT!?!?). I was signed up for the stock alert (Yes - I know you have to do it each time), but never received the alert. Did anyone else get an alert, or was lucky enough to get a Trident?

I feel like this is like trying to get a Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket! :(;Nailbiting:(

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... I had to call BRS today about a shipping question. After finishing that discussion, I asked about the expected arrival of the next batch Tridents. I was told they received a few again today but sold out in minutes (WHAT!?!?). I was signed up for the stock alert (Yes - I know you have to do it each time), but never received the alert. Did anyone else get an alert, or was lucky enough to get a Trident?

I feel like this is like trying to get a Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket! :(;Nailbiting:(

I saw a post on here that was 2 mins old saying they were on BRS. All gone already and I never got the email from BRS after doing my daily sign up for in stock notifications. Golden Ticket indeed

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the email , but didn't see it until 4 minutes later. I nabbed 2 Tridents with enough time to see 4 left in stock. Was honestly surprised at how slow they sold out this time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back