Trigger sump bubble trap placement

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first sump setup and I have never seen one setup in person so I have what may be an obvious question/ answer. I have finished my hard plumbing on my 125 and have a trigger 39 sump. I am in process of leak testing my build and noticed the egg crate slats and foam do not sit nearly in my bubble trap. Also the bottom one seems to float up at times . Where do the foam pad and 2 crate slats go in bubble trap?

IMG_4862.jpeg IMG_4861.jpeg IMG_4863.jpeg

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first sump setup and I have never seen one setup in person so I have what may be an obvious question/ answer. I have finished my hard plumbing on my 125 and have a trigger 39 sump. I am in process of leak testing my build and noticed the egg crate slats and foam do not sit nearly in my bubble trap. Also the bottom one seems to float up at times . Where do the foam pad and 2 crate slats go in bubble trap?

IMG_4862.jpeg IMG_4861.jpeg IMG_4863.jpeg
Right where you put it the water flow will hold it down. Ps that is a petty build

OP
OP
A

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no idea how much I am glad to hear that. I just read and asked questions on here for years for guidance and took suggestions. I am very happy with it and can’t wait to put my sand and rock foundation in it.

OP
OP
A

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the following is a picture of how the crate is “leaning” on the black bar on the baffle and the 2nd baffle . I can’t push it down by force. So the foam lays like that too.

Attachments

• IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
A

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I circled the black bar with 3 screws on it. Do I remove this ? What does this bar do ? The weir in the adjustable baffle will still be there if I take out and the baffle is adjusted up and down by 2 bolts on the ends of baffle .

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
A

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the color changing LEDs I put under cabinet. The white color is bright enough where I don’t even need my 2nd workshop light I bought for it. Been a VERY SLOW build but fun the whole time

Attachments

• IMG_4835.jpeg
    IMG_4835.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4834.jpeg
    IMG_4834.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 6

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I circled the black bar with 3 screws on it. Do I remove this ? What does this bar do ? The weir in the adjustable baffle will still be there if I take out and the baffle is adjusted up and down by 2 bolts on the ends of baffle .
You can control the water level in the sump with that part. Remember that part of the sumps job is to take in the over flow if the pump fails

OP
OP
A

Addicted2Reef’n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as I thought it was an obvious answer. I mounted the adjustable baffle to the bubble trap side and it mounts on the refugium side and that allows the slats and the foam to sit properly. This is why I set this up and let it run for a couple weeks and leak test and also educate myself on how all this new gear works . Thanks for you help

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back