Trouble connecting via USB to Profilux 4e

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, I've had difficulty with connecting to my Profilux 4e, but I've gotten most of the connection issues sorted out.

In order to take advantage of the push notifications, I'm trying to update my Profilux firmware to the latest. In order to do this you need to connect over USB (GCC connection over Wifi won't work). Has anyone connected over USB using Windows 11 Home?

I tried downloading the driver, and using AUTO and COM3 (what it shows in Device Manager for the GHL port / customer driver) in the connecting settings, but GCC won't connect. Pls help.

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, I've had difficulty with connecting to my Profilux 4e, but I've gotten most of the connection issues sorted out.

In order to take advantage of the push notifications, I'm trying to update my Profilux firmware to the latest. In order to do this you need to connect over USB (GCC connection over Wifi won't work). Has anyone connected over USB using Windows 11 Home?

I tried downloading the driver, and using AUTO and COM3 (what it shows in Device Manager for the GHL port / customer driver) in the connecting settings, but GCC won't connect. Pls help.
I was not able to connect with 11. I have an old laptop I use just for the profilux.

992gnt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your Win 11 device has an AMD processor, you likely won't be able to connect via GCC. I had to resort to an older Intel based device to connect with.

OP
OP
B

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it’s an AMD chip. I’m curious if anyone has had any luck with an open source Windows emulator (forget the name of it - Wine or something?)… probably a long shot.

992gnt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opened a ticket with GHL, and their repsonse was to find an Intel device. I don't know anything about the emulator, but a practical solution would be great.

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it to work but not but not consistently. I have an AMD laptop (AMD Ryzen 5 5600H) running windows 11. I used a hub to connect but took many tries (power cycles/laptop reboot/unplug USB cable). I see the "GHL Virtual..." and sometimes GCC connects and sometimes not. More consistent with a hub but sure wish this would work consistently. I have no issues when I use this same laptop with other USB devices like programing my drones or a pinewood derby timer. The issue is really just the GHL devices and GCC where I have USB issues.

PetitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new GHL are driving me crazy also, never saw a so poorly programming and non user friendly ecosystem that seems to be stuck in the 2000's developper era.

having to configure IP and com with port number in 2022 is just so anti dated.
annd worse it doesnt works.

after updatinng the wifi setup on my nnew doser 2.1, no wifi connected and of course the doser doesn't appear in the wifi anymore.

so let's hard reset and restart, but only can be done in GCC and need a PC. my luck on run on Mac and no mac compatible version.
(a hardware reset pin button in the back would be easier)

i then used the work laptop of my wife, innstall the latest gcc, connect the USB = not recognized. install drivers = same thing.

second bad luck, she have an AMD chips.

so for GCC, i need a PC running on intel to use the hardware i purchased welcome back to bill gates 2000 era.

without any other option i go ahead and use bootcamp to install windows 10 on my mac.

install GCC; the drivers, connect the USC = Not recognize ***

so down with GHL and i didnn't even started, between the maxi doser 2.2 nnot reognnize by the ios App, the mandatory firmware and webserver updgrade, usinng IP address to connect to it.

the button of the profilux 4e that just don't respond and have to tap 100 time to move the arrows, and the calibrarton of the probe can onnly be done on this tiny screen and 8 millions arrow push (why not calibrate from the app????)

and now the doser 2.1 used a glorified brick as i cannot reset his wifi.

so done with GHL already after a week of headache, even as an IT engineer. i can't imagine the pain of not savvy mac user.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue (used to be) the specific "Prolific" driver used for the port - and old fix was to *downgrade* to a specific older version - you had to hunt the internet for it). It was a "windows" driver update that killed it.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, this software not even compatible with AMD CPU...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, all my usb devices works fine with AMD, even 10$ chineses.

German developers was unable to test their expensive device on AMD platform prior to release?

Also, backup and update via WiFI is a very hard task?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, all my usb devices works fine with AMD, even 10$ chineses.

German developers was unable to test their expensive device on AMD platform prior to release?

Incorrect.

AMD released an update which caused the issue. We will not discuss this any further. If you need assistance, you can contact us through the appropriate channels.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - its a piece of cake - if you are able to read english - I do that that all the time - and I´m not even a native english reader.....

1712183671125.png

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back