Tunze 6055s and Apex

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased 2 Tunze 6055s to replace the powerheads I had in my 75g DT since I couldn't controll them well with the Apex. I've gotten help with the Apex programming part, but need help with the actual setting up the powerheads with the Apex. I had to purchase a VDM module for the Apex and I have that plugged in. I purchased the cable needed to connect the 2 powerheads to the VDM and I have that connected. When plugging in the power cord for the Tunzes I noticed that when I plugged one of them in the Tunze controller for BOTH powerheads came on....weird? After I plugged them both in they did absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure the programming is correct since I "borrowed" KingBlingTx's program, but it still doesn't work. So my questions are...

1) Should both of the Tunze controllers light up when I plug in 1 of the controllers? Do I even need to plug in power for the Tunzes or is the power supplied by the Apex cable (don't think so, but not sure)
2) On the Tunze controllers does it matter what main power, pulse, and pulse power is set to?
The "mode" should be set for external control, right?

Thanks in advance for the help!
--Steve

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back