Tunze 8810,8820,8830 underwater LEDs update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi it's been two years since I purchased my coveted Tunze 8810 led.
It was initially set to launch with Bluetooth via some 'Apple app' which was from my understanding scrapped due to a 30,000 dollar licensing fee and was then going to be made accessible to a controller via a wifi connect instead. My questions are:
A) Is this light fixture still being manufactured and sold?
B)Is there an led controller anywhere on the market which can control or 'ramp up' or 'ramp down' the lights on them?
C)Did you create an app for smartphones which can control them?

I bought into the 220.00 light because I thought it was an innovative and good quality product. It has a very good spectrum output

But I'm ready to move on because this has been a major let down up to this point.

Respectfully,
Les

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi it's been two years since I purchased my coveted Tunze 8810 led.
It was initially set to launch with Bluetooth via some 'Apple app' which was from my understanding scrapped due to a 30,000 dollar licensing fee and was then going to be made accessible to a controller via a wifi connect instead. My questions are:
A) Is this light fixture still being manufactured and sold?
B)Is there an led controller anywhere on the market which can control or 'ramp up' or 'ramp down' the lights on them?
C)Did you create an app for smartphones which can control them?

I bought into the 220.00 light because I thought it was an innovative and good quality product. It has a very good spectrum output

But I'm ready to move on because this has been a major let down up to this point.

Respectfully,
Les
yes the 7000 controller coming out in early fall (sept) is what your looking for

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8810, 8820 and 8830 were replaced by 8850, which has red, blue and white LED's and the color can be adjusted, at full power it is 24W so much more intense as well. 7097 is out now and can control all 4 models, 7000 is due in September. 7097 is programmable by USB connection to a Windows computer.

OP
OP
Reef.ductionist

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding this information up on Canada's west coast is like trying to find a porcupine in a quill-mill. Seriously though I'm happy to know this. Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back