Tunze Osmollator 3155 problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Patience1!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Hoping someone can help me figure this out… I just bought my second unit since my first unit works well. I find the tube fits very loosely in the pump and often it pops out and that makes the unit unreliable. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I have the pump turned down to nano.

OP
OP
Patience1!

Patience1!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Hoping someone can help me figure this out… I just bought my second unit since my first unit works well. I find the tube fits very loosely in the pump and often it pops out and that makes the unit unreliable. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I have the pump turned down to nano.
I should add, the motor on this unit is very loud, even louder than the first unit that I purchased.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mine got stuck on and poured an entire bucket of rodi mixed with kalk into my tank. Lost a lot of sps corals and still recovering as of today

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko

Roger can help you. He has always been an excellent resource for all things Tunze.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be either that you are missing the pump adapter that reduces the pump outlet to the hose diameter or that the pump adapter is cracked, the hose should fit very tight and only insert 1/8-1/4" Notice the reducing adapter in the linked image, it may be loose in the box- https://www.tunze.com/en/details/5000.020-metering-pump.html

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mine got stuck on and poured an entire bucket of rodi mixed with kalk into my tank. Lost a lot of sps corals and still recovering as of today
You bring this up often and yet you never have sent the unit for repair or inspection and the only way this is technically possible is an error in installation, as unless you defeated the float switch in someway or had a siphon, it cannot happen and that is why you are alone in these comments. If it were shorted in anyway it refuses to run, if the optic sensor fails the float stops it, unless you have a siphon, then nothing can stop it except running out of water.

OP
OP
Patience1!

Patience1!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be either that you are missing the pump adapter that reduces the pump outlet to the hose diameter or that the pump adapter is cracked, the hose should fit very tight and only insert 1/8-1/4" Notice the reducing adapter in the linked image, it may be loose in the box- https://www.tunze.com/en/details/5000.020-metering-pump.html

OMG thank you! I don’t know how I missed that. You’re right it was still in the box! Thank you Thank you!!

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You bring this up often and yet you never have sent the unit for repair or inspection and the only way this is technically possible is an error in installation, as unless you defeated the float switch in someway or had a siphon, it cannot happen and that is why you are alone in these comments. If it were shorted in anyway it refuses to run, if the optic sensor fails the float stops it, unless you have a siphon, then nothing can stop it except running out of water.
and this is why i own 4 of them…

i used to run the crappy optical sensor only kind,
won’t name the brand
(but take your pick, they all suck…)
and it was a constant battle!

switched over to the 3155 years ago…
and never looked back!

won’t even upgrade to the new ones either.
i’ve found reliability to be comforting peace of mind.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced it with a new one. I don’t have the time to deal with it. I added an Autoaqua sensor to it.

Yup, I will continue to bring this often because I want others to be awarded.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t even search hard enough, here’s one that had the similar issue with Tunze. Some chose to not say it, but I chose to keep bring it up so that others will be again, aware
IMG_7278.jpeg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back