• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Two Used Spectrapure ATO

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I live in Southern California in the city of Glendora.

I shutdown my DT a few months ago and I'm still in the process of selling everything. This week, it's time for my two Spectrapure ATO systems. The reason I have two was due to the large amount of travel I often did for work. I set up redundancy on my system as much as possible to avoid a catastrophic and very sad event. One pump is 3-4 years old and the second one is 2-3 years old. I can't tell them apart so there is no need to ask for the newer one. ;)

My experience with these pumps as compared to many other top brands... This is by far the best hassle-free, always works, safest ATO I've ever used. At over $320 new, they're not cheap, but they are very high quality and work very well in a saltwater environment since they have no parts to get stuck or optical sensors that can get dirty. Also, the peristaltic pumps allow you to have your freshwater container a good distance away. I had my freshwater in the garage and pumped to the sump over 30 feet away.

I'm asking $180 for each pump + shipping if you're not local. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_3920.jpeg

Aquanius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these and highly recommend them for ato from longer distances.

Do you happen to have a source on that magnet in the pic? I didn't get one with mine and would really love to have one instead of the feet that comes with the water level sensor.

OP
OP
Jeff_H

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these and highly recommend them for ato from longer distances.

Do you happen to have a source on that magnet in the pic? I didn't get one with mine and would really love to have one instead of the feet that comes with the water level sensor.

I don't know, but I think you could contact Spectrapure to see if they offer just the magnet kit.

OP
OP
Jeff_H

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the model prior to this one, still running strong, great ATO
Agreed... I was able to build a new system tomorrow, this would be my first choice for an ATO. I was always surprised they're not that popular in the community. Great product!

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Push the tube deeper and keep the magnet out of the water as much as possible.

Back