OP
OP
UFreefer

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long time since I've updated. All of my SPS met a slow demise shortly after my last update in 2013...bacterial infection of some sort is my best guess. It was defeating and hard to watch after so much money and time invested but with some motivation and help from @acro-ed , I started adding SPS again in 2016.

The setup is still the same except I swapped out the couple VHO bulbs for additional T5's and switched from Elos to Radium 400 waters. I know run 2 MP60's and just bought 2 MP40's that I may put on the back glass to add more flow to the sides of the tank.

I run my alk slightly lower at 7.6 dkh and feed much heavier. The combination has given me richer colors and better PE. My growth seems to be slower for some reason this time around but after a 18 months, it seems to be hitting stride.

A few recent pics...

full

full

ASD Milli

full

Cali Tort

full

UFreefer Gold Granny

full

Paletta Pink Tip

full

Incredible Hulk

full

@Big E Tort

full

Ric Rock

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad things are back on track. There's a heck of a nice collection of acro's in there and it's going to be really impressive again soon enough.

-Ed

OP
OP
UFreefer

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good Phil!

What's the first pic?

Got it from a LFS from their display. Started off as a 1.5" chunk. Its taking 900-1000 par and wanting more. Not sure on the species....any ideas?
full

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 78 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back