Unhappy anemone

coraler07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone was bought three days ago and he was seeming very happy albeit secluded. I figured I would move him to somewhere with similar conditions once he was happy and over the change in salinity and other levels. In the middle of the day I went to check on him and he was much smaller and his tentacles looked flat and a little less colored. From the beginning he was looking a little stressed as the color was slightly different but then it got better but now this. I have seen that they will sometimes deflate to expel stale water is that what this is?

32841F7B-2220-492E-8A80-855C19CB9AEA.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a new tank... too new for a Anemone from the looks of the pictures. How old is the tank?

Anemones have to be allowed to move around the tank and find a spot where light and flow are to their liking.

Monitor it closely and let it adapt to its new environment.

Also, please provide your latest water test results and the date of the tests, along with which lights you are using and the depth of your tank.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back