Unhappy frogspawn, but happy hammer???

MontanaReefer406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have been having troubles with my frogspawn. I was hoping to grow a big colony but the heads on some frags seem to be receeding. The tentacles barely extend and stay very short. However my hammer coral is doing very well and extends well too.

This is in my low tech nano tank. I am good about waterchanges and testing. Lately been looking close at Ca and Alk. (Tad low but not bad, did waterchanges.) But I am not sure if it is lighting, flow, picked at by shrimp, e.t.c. why is the frogspawn not happy but its brother, hammer, doing well? Thoughts???

Thanks,
Sam

15808339130574314735103145120001.jpg

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be flow, they don't like a lot of direct current. Are you feeding them, they like to eat. Could be shrimp!
I do not keep shrimp anymore because they would always take the food from my lps and irritate them forcing them to stay closed up.

OP
OP
MontanaReefer406

MontanaReefer406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be flow, they don't like a lot of direct current. Are you feeding them, they like to eat. Could be shrimp!
I do not keep shrimp anymore because they would always take the food from my lps and irritate them forcing them to stay closed up.
I have them in some indirect flow, and dose a little reef roids weekly. My shrimp will pick food away from corals, but they generally open back up right away. My frogspawn can stay closed up for long periods of time.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back