Updates

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So I haven't been around in a long while on either the forum or club meetings. First I never expected to have problems with my tank but it had a crash some point during the summer time. I believe it was a combination of a temperature spike and along with using kalkwasser in my ato, the water was evaporating at a exponential rate and the amount of Kalk cooked most my corals. I lost all my sps, lps and zoas. The fish, anemones, gorgonians, mushroom and softie made it. Dealt with a large cyano bloom for a while and now finally getting the nutrients down before getting more coral. Overall the tank looks great now from when this happened. My 1 bubble tip is now close too 10 and the fish are fat and happy.

The tank crash was wicked depressing and just watching the coral die extremely quick. Needless to say I no longer use Kalk in my ato and switched over to aquaforest reef salt and have been doing weekly water changes. I will be setting up my doser with comp 1,2,3 and begin balling. I will keep all updated and hope to make this months meeting.

Dan

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Dan sorry to hear about that. Those hard coral tanks while beautiful don't seem to be very forgiving and when they crash they fall hard. Seems like there were a bunch of crashes over the summer. I'm sure you'll get it straightened out and be back flourishing soon good luck Kurt

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that you went through this Dan. Glad to know the tank is doing better and flourishing once again. Let me know when you're ready for some coral, I'll donate a couple frags to help you get re-established.

OP
OP
Brewman1987

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Kurt and thank you Mike for the offer. It really hits you hard when you think nothing can happen and then it does. Learn from my mistakes and just keep on moving in a forward direction.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a tank transfer last night took too long moving frags plus no sleep over 24 hours all my sps died. Sucks but we'll know better for next time

OP
OP
Brewman1987

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0188_zpskdbhn9j3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Post water change and everything is looking up!

%5BURL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Mk12spr/media/IMG_0188_zpskdbhn9j3.jpg.html][/URL]

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back