Used biopellet storage

Mike Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to turn my bio-pellet reactor off for several reasons, but if things don't work out I'll want to turn it back on; I've already learned, from experience, that you can't just turn the reactor off for a week and turn it back on.

My questions is, is there some method for storing the used bio-pellets for a period of time, or should I just throw them away?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bacteria that these foster love moisture. I personally would empty and dry them manually then place in a sealed container with a sodium silicate packet to absorb any ambient moisture.

forgetfulreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you makes perfect sense just wasn't sure if it could be done for re use or not . i discontinued my reactor because i had a dino break out . I dint remove the pellets just closed off the valves to the reactor but when i went to open it there was a awful foul order to the water . i removed them rinsed and have let them dry but was worried they would be no good anymore.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they now have that odor they are most likely grey, and have started to produce sulfate. I dont think there is a return from that point.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back