Using a small AIO as a sump

jnadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a small sump to fit in a specific cabinet to the side of a 15g nano tank I’m designing. Sump shapes are somewhat limited, but it just occurred to me that I could possibly use a small/inexpensive AIO tank as a sump. If I ran the overflow on my actual display tank to the ”display” portion of the aio sump, I could use that part as a large refugium and then use the “sump” portion of the AIO for media, heaters, and a return to the main display. Can anyone think of why this wouldn’t work well?

OP
OP
J

jnadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a small sump to fit in a specific cabinet to the side of a 15g nano tank I’m designing. Sump shapes are somewhat limited, but it just occurred to me that I could possibly use a small/inexpensive AIO tank as a sump. If I ran the overflow on my actual display tank to the ”display” portion of the aio sump, I could use that part as a large refugium and then use the “sump” portion of the AIO for media, heaters, and a return to the main display. Can anyone think of why this wouldn’t work well?
bump… Anyone?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could work, but you don't want the drain to empty into a fuge...

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 37 28.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back