Using Copper Air Manifold

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am attempting to run a large air pump outside and into my sump. The included manifold contains copper for the valves. I can’t imagine this is problematic but thought I would ask. Any chemical way the copper could leach into the water?

To be clear the manifold will be out of the water of course and only air is being pumped through it. @Randy Holmes-Farley

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am attempting to run a large air pump outside and into my sump. The included manifold contains copper for the valves. I can’t imagine this is problematic but thought I would ask. Any chemical way the copper could leach into the water?

To be clear the manifold will be out of the water of course and only air is being pumped through it. @Randy Holmes-Farley
I would use it but would also monitor it for corrosion. How far is it from the sump?

mook1178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use it out of an abundance of caution. High humidity days and differing temps could cause condensation in the lines. That condensation then could be pulled to the manifold and the tank. Though this may be rare.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back