UV unit for Dino control

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for recommendations for a uv sterilizer to help win a battle against Dino’s. I am not planning on running uv once I get the Dino’s under control so top notch build quality isn’t the number one concern, aka looking for a unit that will work at a reasonable price. I have a 160 gallon tank that has the outbreak and is plumbed into a large sump and a 25 gallon nano, total system volume is roughly 250. Any suggestions?

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 75 I turned up the AI Primes' UV to 30% and everything else down... and I have a Dino issue now.. let’s bump to get you an answer

Last edited:

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a green killing machine 24w. Imo its junk. The pump is tiny and it has a tiny sponge that could get plugged easily and cause the bulb to overheat. Im taking it back.

I then looked at jaebo 55 watt. Cheap but thats what it is cheap. People say it breaks, leaks and the plastic gets dusty black all over it. Eventually throwing it away.

Now im onto the lifegard pro-max 90 watt. This imo is the best uv but isnt cheap. Im goimg to run it 24/7 365. It wont kill everything like pods. Id get one of them. At least it can be resold for 60% the cost while jaebo and green killing machine maybe 30% if your lucky.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back