Vectra M2 Pump Failure

marktiff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - disappointingly my Ecotech Marine Vectra M2 pump has failed just after 2.5 years.

For the value played I expected it to last a lot longer.

Both the Australian Distributor and Ecotech Marine have refused to replace under warranty.

do others share my thoughts that premium equipment should last longer then 2.5years?

Interested in other people's experience and expectations?

OSFF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen countless posts on 1-2 year failures for these pumps (and other expensive brands) without any warranty support. I just use the cheap Jebao DC pumps because they move the same amount of water and last just as long.

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the vectra M2 failure club lol My second one in two years failed last
Night luckily mine is still under warranty but the new one they send or if they fix it will
Never see my tank again if I can help it . It will be on the shelf as a back up or something . These pumps are completely awful and for
The price 1-2 years definitely not worth it . I trusted them because my lights and mp pumps work great and have lasted but the return pumps not so much . And yet they are still advertised as one of the best pumps . I will be taking the abyzz plunge myself high price but with over 20000 of livestock I no longer trust Ecotech return pumps .

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - disappointingly my Ecotech Marine Vectra M2 pump has failed just after 2.5 years.

For the value played I expected it to last a lot longer.

Both the Australian Distributor and Ecotech Marine have refused to replace under warranty.

do others share my thoughts that premium equipment should last longer then 2.5years?

Interested in other people's experience and expectations?
Can you be more descriptive of what the failure was please ? . Did it completely shut off and wouldn’t turn back on or it turned back on for a day or two or was it making noise or turning on and off all the time etc.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back