Versa Pump changing times randomly?

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a set of ecotech versa pumps that will randomly change their times (year, date, hour, etc). I first noticed it when it missed a water change. I believe one time it occurred after I disconnected it from a power supply and another time it occurred after I performed a software update. Anyone else having this problem? I reported it to ecotech but they didn't give me a solid answer.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a set of ecotech versa pumps that will randomly change their times (year, date, hour, etc). I first noticed it when it missed a water change. I believe one time it occurred after I disconnected it from a power supply and another time it occurred after I performed a software update. Anyone else having this problem? I reported it to ecotech but they didn't give me a solid answer.
Walk me through how you're viewing "year, date, hour, etc" in your versas. Unless you're referring to "Time & Date" in mobius app settings, I'm sort of at a loss what you're referring to.

What did customer service tell you?

OP
OP
H

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s through the time and date on the Mobius app. Im attaching the screen shot of the last time it happened. I did a firmware update that day. I sent this to eco tech and they said the time and date doesn’t change during firmware updates. So I have no idea how this occurred. You can see the year is changed to 2106 and the time is totally different than my phones time seen above. Any ideas?

AC76DCA3-2F41-4E66-A884-EFBF85F13130.png

Bobblehead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and it’s glitched on me a few times too. I had it set to dose Kalk from evening till morning everyday at a set amount. There have been a few times when I’ll look at the reservoir and notice that the amount left is more than it should be. I’ve put it on constant at a much slower rate for now and it seems to be working. For now.

bpro32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is what happened with mine. I switched to constant mode for my water changes because the schedule randomly stopped working.

OP
OP
H

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is what happened with mine. I switched to constant mode for my water changes because the schedule randomly stopped working.
Yea it’s very possible thats what happened to you. I only realized the time had changed when I saw my versa doing a random water change hours later. I then looked at my time setting and found out the versa had randomly changed the time on me.

Initially, I wanted to have one versa remove water one hour before, another versa return equal amounts an hour later (to maximize water change efficiency) and have my autotopoff be turned off during this period with a smart plug. But since I don’t trust the versa to hold it’s time, I now just have both versas working at the same time so my autotopoff can just remain on. Even if the time changes, the versa will still do its daily water change but at a random time instead.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back