OP
OP
J

juliatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. If it isnt the case your move will be harder. Haha.
Yeah. I'm a little worried about the couple Xenia buds that are growing out of the trunk of the Kenya tree... I fear that even if I trim them, and move the tree, they'll just keep growing with the tree in the new location....

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'm a little worried about the couple Xenia buds that are growing out of the trunk of the Kenya tree... I fear that even if I trim them, and move the tree, they'll just keep growing with the tree in the new location....
You can definitely trim them and see. Xenia is usually referred to as a weed in the hobby. Hopefully trimming them will take care of it though. Only one way to find out. Plus it is better than it being smothered by the be colony on Xenia.

OP
OP
J

juliatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can definitely trim them and see. Xenia is usually referred to as a weed in the hobby. Hopefully trimming them will take care of it though. Only one way to find out. Plus it is better than it being smothered by the be colony on Xenia.
"by the colony on Xenia..." awesome! sounds like a Star Trek plotline.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's hysterical. So another question, is the Kenya tree toxic to Angelfish? Because randomly, one of my two have died literally overnight....
No not necessarily toxic. I mean they shouldn't eat it. There's something else going on there...... if you have some carbon I would put it in your filter or in your sump or a chamber get them out and if you can test for ammonia I would to make sure your tank doesn't have any ammonia in it. You can post pics of them dead on here and we can tag a fish doctor for you. They'll probably also want pics of the tank as well.

OP
OP
J

juliatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not necessarily toxic. I mean they shouldn't eat it. There's something else going on there...... if you have some carbon I would put it in your filter or in your sump or a chamber get them out and if you can test for ammonia I would to make sure your tank doesn't have any ammonia in it. You can post pics of them dead on here and we can tag a fish doctor for you. They'll probably also want pics of the tank as well.
Ugh. so bummed. that fish was eating out of my hand and letting me pet him and stuff. it was amazing.

Here's a couple pictures of the dead guy, and the current tank just, as is... I appreciate all the feedback Crimson.

Attachments

• IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
J

juliatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, the only major "new" thing that happened these last couple days, is that I used our magnetic glass scraper and did a more rigorous scraping of the glass inside the tank. Maybe THAT kicked up something that the Angel didn't like?

When we took the fish out of the tank, we DID notice a little bit of pink in the water coming off of the fish, like, right around where the gill was touching the paper towel. So maybe he was bleeding somewhere? Got a little injury or something?

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back