Video of my Queen Angel with pretty bad Lymph...

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switch to 720P, although the quality is still bad (cell phone and lighting)

Anyway, she can still eat somehow and I hope it goes away soon. It appears to be getting better, believe it or not. A few other angels had it for a few weeks but they were all able to kick it quickly.

I feel kind of bad for her, but does not seem very affected.

(switch to 720p HD)

(again, switch to 720P HD)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically, I lost an older (10-15 y/o) Queen Angel to Lympho back in the day. It grew over her mouth (so she couldn't eat) and then over her gills (so she couldn't breathe). I attempted "fish surgery" by cutting the growths off, but she died the next day. :(

Have you tried feeding her food soaked with fish vitamins (ex. Selcon, Zoecon, Vita-chem)?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically, I lost an older (10-15 y/o) Queen Angel to Lympho back in the day. It grew over her mouth (so she couldn't eat) and then over her gills (so she couldn't breathe). I attempted "fish surgery" by cutting the growths off, but she died the next day. :(

Have you tried feeding her food soaked with fish vitamins (ex. Selcon, Zoecon, Vita-chem)?
Yup all foods are soaked in Selcon. The gill growth has actually decreased. The mouth growth has grown but it's on the top lip and she can still eat. Surprisingly... But it also looks like it could fall off soon. My cleaner wrasse is always all over her too

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup all foods are soaked in Selcon. The gill growth has actually decreased. The mouth growth has grown but it's on the top lip and she can still eat. Surprisingly... But it also looks like it could fall off soon. My cleaner wrasse is always all over her too

As long as she's still able to eat, I would leave well enough alone. Cleaner shrimp will sometimes eat the growths as well.

If you want to read more detailed info on Lymphocystis, see the link below. Apparently Lympho can even grow over a fish's internal organs. :eek:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa181

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as she's still able to eat, I would leave well enough alone. Cleaner shrimp will sometimes eat the growths as well.

If you want to read more detailed info on Lymphocystis, see the link below. Apparently Lympho can even grow over a fish's internal organs. :eek:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa181
I hope she makes it she's a beautiful queen. My crappy video cam on my iphone6 doesn't really show her true beauty, more color than most queen I've seen, especially the yellow "band"/area behind her head near her gills

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope she makes it she's a beautiful queen. My crappy video cam on my iphone6 doesn't really show her true beauty, more color than most queen I've seen, especially the yellow "band"/area behind her head near her gills

Queens are one of my all-time fav. The one I lost to Lympho was between 10-15 years old, and my dad caught it himself (for me) in Florida. So, very heartbreaking. My wife really likes Blue Angels for some reason. If I had a bigger tank, I'd get a Townsend and we would both be happy. lol

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Queens are one of my all-time fav. The one I lost to Lympho was between 10-15 years old, and my dad caught it himself (for me) in Florida. So, very heartbreaking. My wife really likes Blue Angels for some reason. If I had a bigger tank, I'd get a Townsend and we would both be happy. lol

I love queens myself, I say I like other angels more (like emperor and others) yet if I can only have one large angel, I always choose a queen.

Mine is still eating and getting by. Hoping when I remove copper soon she heals quickly.

My copper levels fell to .4 for a few days a few weeks ago and she got noticeably better in that short timeframe. Her giant mouth growth fell off for that time. When I ramped it back up, it slowly returned. Could be completely coincidental of course.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Update she's still kicking and seems to be improving quite a bit. Horrible photos I know

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: in time it cleared up entirely.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some nice fish collection here buddy.;)

Back