want to go bare bottom..yes or no?

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I really want to go bare bottom on my 90 is it worth it to break down the tank and restart it BB?.

also I did some calling around today for starboard I want it in black and found a place that can get it in black but only in 1/4 inch is that enough thickness.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I would consider doing a show tank is bare bottom.

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep the sand IMO looks more natural

there isnt any sand at the top of the reef ;) So one could say that sand doesnt look natural

Both can work fine.

Personally I hate sand. I dont mind how it looks, but I have this strange need of having full control of my water column at all times, as well as full control of what I want to accomplish with flow.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
The only thing BB does not help on is looks. Sand or even crushed coral looks better. Also crabs snails and starfish does not like BB. Plus, rock slides around because sand helps hold it in place.

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had BB for a while in my 70, but it just didn't pop. I added a SSB and BAM looks so much better IMO. Cleaning was easier w/BB, but I think I'll leave this to the clean up crew from here on out.

Zombo

Mantis Cult Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wasn't setting up a "Mantis Palace", I'd keep my CAD22 a BB reef. It looks..."clean" I guess would be the word I'd use.

AI NO KEA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No hating on bb tanks.:bigsmile:
I would hope people look at my fish and corals first. I'm LAZY so bb is easy to maintain, just siphon out detritus at water change and it looks nice and CLEAN.......................

Back