Want to start using KALK, need a bit of guidance :)

scoobysnack77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers, I just wanted to get all of your opinions on how i should go about starting to add Kalkwasser to my system. I was thinking of adding it directly to my top off water. I have a tunze ATO unit that has a waterline sensor in my fuge and i have a 5 gallon bucket of RO/DI where i have the small white pump it comes with sitting in it. Should i buy a kalk reactor or should i just add the kalkwasser directly into my 5 gallon bucket with my RO/DI water? If i do buy a KALK reactor should i buy a bigger container for my RO/DI water and sit the reactor in it? reason being is that i have no more room in my stand under my 75 gallon tank for a reactor. Ive been dosing a 2 part alk and cal formula from BIONIC with a bubble magus doser. so far most of corals look great but they are growing VERY slowly. if i start using calk should i stop using my 2part ? or should i cut back on my 2part and if so how much ? so far I'm dosing 14ml of bionic ALK a day and 12ml a day of bionic calcium which is keeping my alk steady at 9.6 and my cal at 425. any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back