WANTED:Mentor

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a mentor. I’m tired of asking one question and getting 100 different answers from 100 different reefers that reef 100 different ways.

I’m like a ship without a sail that is drifting in the wind. My reefs been up about 18 months. Been very slow going as I had run into financial issues but now ready to start adding things again.

I am a reefer that doesn’t believe in fixing problems with chemicals. I believe in a balanced eco system that maintains itself. Algae, disease and the baddies may be in the tank(they probably are) but are well managed by the life around it. I have a red sea 425xl and just a few corals. I want to grow a mixed reef.

The end goal eventually is a 72 to 96”L x 36”w x 24”h. This is many years down the line.

If your reefing style seems to like up with my direction and type of reef I want let me know and either way, thanks for taking the time to read my post!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd check out some build threads. Here's just two that I find have a lot of knowledgeable people hanging out in them. We don't all always agree on everything but there's always good answers to questions from beginners, amateurs, and seasoned veterans alike! No arguing or fighting.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a mentor. I’m tired of asking one question and getting 100 different answers from 100 different reefers that reef 100 different ways.

I’m like a ship without a sail that is drifting in the wind. My reefs been up about 18 months. Been very slow going as I had run into financial issues but now ready to start adding things again.

I am a reefer that doesn’t believe in fixing problems with chemicals. I believe in a balanced eco system that maintains itself. Algae, disease and the baddies may be in the tank(they probably are) but are well managed by the life around it. I have a red sea 425xl and just a few corals. I want to grow a mixed reef.

The end goal eventually is a 72 to 96”L x 36”w x 24”h. This is many years down the line.

If your reefing style seems to like up with my direction and type of reef I want let me know and either way, thanks for taking the time to read my post!
Yeah the multiple answers can be overwhelming sometimes but Ive found that you take parts of the style of each reefer and do what makes sense to you. Lots of people on here that are happy to help! I constantly learn from others on here all the time! Feel free to ask me questions if you would like, but it being in the forms I think is best cause youve got a lot of experience here. Just remember theres more than one way to skin a cat… just like theres more than one style of reefing :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back