Watchman Goby Fin Rot

DTheMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, Need some export advice to see what is going on with my watchman goby. He is eating but you could see the skin is pale and fin is cut. In the nano tank I have two clown, neon doddy back, tiger pistol shrimp and watchman. I am not sure if has fin rot or something else. Any suggestion is appreciated.

image_50347777.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello Everyone, Need some export advice to see what is going on with my watchman goby. He is eating but you could see the skin is pale and fin is cut. In the nano tank I have two clown, neon doddy back, tiger pistol shrimp and watchman. I am not sure if has fin rot or something else. Any suggestion is appreciated.

image_50347777.JPG
Looks more like damage from aggression from another tank mate. Would like to see this clearer under white lighting as pic is Very dark blue
What other fish are in the tank ?

OP
OP
D

DTheMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like damage from aggression from another tank mate. Would like to see this clearer under white lighting as pic is Very dark blue
What other fish are in the tank ?
Those are the only fishes I have in the tank. Usually YWG is always hiding under his burrow but lately he is coming out of the burrow and sitting in corner of the tank.

image_50379009.JPG
image_50364929.JPG

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Those are the only fishes I have in the tank. Usually YWG is always hiding under his burrow but lately he is coming out of the burrow and sitting in corner of the tank.

image_50379009.JPG
image_50364929.JPG
Dottyback or pistol are suspects and it is damage from aggression and not rot. Who is messing with him. . . set your cell phone on video mode for about 40 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is an aggressive monster at feeding time
Come back and review, then you'll know

OP
OP
D

DTheMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottyback or pistol are suspects and it is damage from aggression and not rot. Who is messing with him. . . set your cell phone on video mode for about 40 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is an aggressive monster at feeding time
Come back and review, then you'll know
Do you recommend doing a QT tank and move the YWG there? I know the pistol and watchman were always together but now they went on their separate path. I appreciate everyone help.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you recommend doing a QT tank and move the YWG there? I know the pistol and watchman were always together but now they went on their separate path. I appreciate everyone help.
Over QT tank you can use an acclimation box so it stays in same water conditions

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image_50347777.JPG

Is the watchman paired with the pistol shrimp? Looks like something is attacking it. Could be the shrimp if they aren't getting along., The clownfish or dottyback could also be the culprits.

Jay

OP
OP
D

DTheMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the watchman paired with the pistol shrimp? Looks like something is attacking it. Could be the shrimp if they aren't getting along., The clownfish or dottyback could also be the culprits.

Jay
Hi Jay,

it was paired with pistol shrimp and now they are not buddies anymore. The shrimp doesn't hang out with YWG anymore since past 1 week. I know its not the clown fish because they hardly goes by YWG burrow. dottyback is the one I am blaming as well because lately it goes under the rock where YWG stays.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back