Water changes while using Cupramine

SplitBumper-70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to add cupramine to my QT tank. Tank is a 20 gallons. My thought is to keep an extra 10 gallons salt water premixxed with the same amount of cupramine as I have in the tank in case I get an amonia spike. Then I keep my level the same. Any thoughts?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to add cupramine to my QT tank. Tank is a 20 gallons. My thought is to keep an extra 10 gallons salt water premixxed with the same amount of cupramine as I have in the tank in case I get an amonia spike. Then I keep my level the same. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a good plan :) when changing out qt water treated with copper you want the water your replacing already at therapeutic levels so that the fish are not ever out of therapeutic levels. What are you using for ammonia control? And what are you using to measure ammonia?

OP
OP
S

SplitBumper-70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Bio I have a bio wheel filter, seperate bio filter with a pump and some extra sponges filters from my display tank. To monitor 2 seachem alert badges and a red sea test kit.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back