Water Flow?

Nathan4557

Nathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the early stages of setting up a 75Gal reef tank. I want this tank to many be LPS SPS. I would like to have some SPS up towards the top of the Live rock. My concern is flow. The return pump in the tank is a Mag 7 and i was thinking of adding two Korila 1050's. Would this give me the flow that i need for my SPS or should i go with the next step up on the Powerheads?

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for the next step. Vortechs are amazing. Your sps will thank you dearly. I was so hesitant on buying one and a couple of days after I got it, I couldn't wait to add another. The amount of power they put out, the control they give you and the ease of use definitely make it worth the money.

OP
OP
N

Nathan4557

Nathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a Vortech however they are a bit out of my price range right now. So if i go with the others i will go with the step up then. I should still have some moderate flow areas for some of the LPS with the next step up right? I belive they are like 1450 GPH.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back