!!Water Level Adjustment. Need Ideas!!

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while setting up my new 120, I seem to have run into a minor problem.... The overflow box that I have keeps the water level in the tank just a smidge too low for my liking. I think 1/4 inch higher would be perfect, its just the waterline is right on the border of the trim and its very annoying to me.

So I figured the only way to do this (since I cannot raise the overflow box) would be to fill in a small portion of the slots at the bottom with something like silcone, or superglue or something.

I was also thinking of glueing a small plastic sheet on the inside of the box to cover up the bottom portion of the holes.

Which option sounds best?

If you have any ideas on how to potentially raise this water level let me know!

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12"x12"x1 8" Black ABS Plastic Sheet Vacuum Forming Textured Front Smooth Back | eBay to cut get your measurements right include how much to won't it to rise so it well cover the face like it ment to be there to cut use a straight Bord and a box cutter with a fresh blade and cut on the smooth side with the Bord or level as your guide for a straight line, after put on a table edge with the cut line 1/8 over and slap down flat handed and you well have your pieces

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you shim the overflow box? Using acrylic? Thats the same as raising it.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like the ghost overflow from reef savy, cant really move it up or down once the holes are drilled. And it sits high as possible due to the trimming.

mjs020294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem with my glass-holes overflow. Do you have valves on the overflow pipes? I trimmed my overflow rate back so the water level raised up slightly and then installed a second bulkhead with a level overflow: just an elbow pipe cut at the exact level I want my water.

So basically the pumps is going at 600gph, the main overflow can drain at 590 gph. My level pipe is 1/2 which if completely submerged can drain 350gph. My level stays at exactly the same spot without any messing around and its totally silent.

mjs020294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW - I added the extra bulkhead without stripping the tank down. Just lowered the water level a few inches and had the wife spray the drill bit with a water bottle filled with tank water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back