Water quality in QT.

A.Percula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!

I am treating my fish with CP for 30 days. 6 days in and water quality is very bad. Very cloudy and smells a bit. I added active bacteria and ceramic spheres from the DT to help with the cycle.

Not sure what to do to help it clear since I can not use carbon.

I was reading in reefcentral that CP is compatible with amquel, is this still true so i dont go bankrupt with salt and water changes?

Thanks!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ammonia badge in the QT?

Milky water Is likely due to a bacterial bloom which are generally harmless but can reduce dissolved oxygen so make sure to have good water movement or add an air stone. If you have a HOb filter running it without carbon will likely clear that up.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ammonia badge in the QT?

Milky water Is likely due to a bacterial bloom which are generally harmless but can reduce dissolved oxygen so make sure to have good water movement or add an air stone. If you have a HOb filter running it without carbon will likely clear that up.
A powerhead aimed up towards the surface where it is actively rippling the surface vigorously will help tremendously with a bacterial bloom in boosting the O2 levels in the tank.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back