Water test

andrewrob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8E18FD3F-3BFD-4502-A634-10BF8BE74852.jpeg
tank has been running since December of 2020 this is my water this this month is everything looking normal do I need to do anything

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those are accurate readings I would suggest on getting your nitrates up a tad. Any chance your using api test kits? But looking good!

OP
OP
A

andrewrob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly what I’m useing how do I get them up? What should they be

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly what I’m useing how do I get them up? What should they be
Your ammonia is most likely zero those ati ammonia test kits are notorious for giving false readings anyways there are a few things you can do. I would start by not changing as much water when you do a water changes and go from there and see if that helps.

OP
OP
A

andrewrob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do I test that with and I have 6 fish and one anemone
What do you have in the tank (fish, corals, inverts)? If you have corals I’d suggest testing Calcium, Magnesium, and Alkalinity as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nitrates will climb on their own. Dont make a point of raising them unless you are/were having nutrient issues. Theyre in a safe range as of now based on age of tank.
As for API results, they are well known to produce false readings especially with ammonia and nitrates and i generally recommend getting some water tested at an LFS that does NOT use API kits for testing and see what readings they come up with and to compare with yours. Your readings may be higher than your test show, hence why I state Do NOT raise them .

OP
OP
A

andrewrob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates will climb on their own. Dont make a point of raising them unless you are/were having nutrient issues. Theyre in a safe range as of now based on age of tank.
As for API results, they are well known to produce false readings especially with ammonia and nitrates and i generally recommend getting some water tested at an LFS that does NOT use API kits for testing and see what readings they come up with and to compare with yours. Your readings may be higher than your test show, hence why I state Do NOT raise them .
What should that be and what is to high

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What should that be and what is to high
at 10, many get excited. I keep mine at 5 or below. depends what you have in your tank at what is tolerant. There is about 120 corals in my tank and 38 fish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back