Waterbox Marine 110.4 plumbing issue

bluesteel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I've been a follower but not a poster so here goes with my first post!

I purchased my first ever tank last year - The Waterbox Marine 110.4. Due to various issues in my life I've procrastinated on setting up the tank and spending the £££ on the equipment to get it up and running.

This has recently changed and I'm in the process of purchasing my equipment.

I set the cabinet and tank up and in place. It's all nice and level etc.

Then I've went to add the pipes in. I'm actually really struggling here. I'm either making a basic error or my parts are faulty.

The pipes that stick up in the overflow don't quite connect to the pipes within the cabinet.

I've watched a Waterbox YouTube video on the plumbing and looked through the product manual (both of which aren't very useful to me as they show different styles).

You'll notice in the photo attached that the pipes don't meet and therefore don't create a seal. One is better than the rest, but still it doesn't meet. One is about 1cm away and the other a little more.

The emergency overflow pipe is the worst, it won't get close and the plastic seems to stick at a certain point. Where it then feels almost impossible to unscrew to take them apart. I'm connecting the pipes away from the tank thankfully as I had to use all my grip strength to prise the two pipes apart on the emergency overflow.

I've emailed Waterbox today and asked the question. But I thought I'd say hello and ask it here too. :)

PXL_20240410_090425867.jpg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back