Waterbox Reef Pro 180.5 Build Thread

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking awesome man! Love your user name! HA!

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a really nice tank, I may have missed it, how did you go about cycling the tank?

OP
OP
Kryptonian

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to get some nitrate and phosphate control so have a new AquaMaxx Reactor running some ChemiPure Elite. Also moved around the sump setup. Now have the following:

Sections:
1. Overflow and UV Sterilizer return, pH probe
2. 7" 225 Mesh Filter Sock, AquaMaxx reactor return
3. Heater and 8" section of filter floss
4. Refugium (need to rework this entire section, mostly green hair)
5. Protein skimmer, Pump for AquaMaxx Reactor
6. Return Pump, temp probe for heater, ATO return
7. ATO Reservoir and pump, AquaMaxx reactor

Return pump splits to power UV which is through the wall in a closet behind the tank.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.56.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.56.16 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kryptonian

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a really nice tank, I may have missed it, how did you go about cycling the tank?
Thanks!!
Cycled with Algae Barn Ultimate Refugium Starter Pack + Fritz Turbo Start. Also used BioSpira and took about 40 small cylinder filtration media from a tank upstairs that was running for 3 months. I'm not exactly sure on cycling time but tests at about the three-week mark showed the cycled wrapping up. Just want to add that the Algae Barn starter pack copepods are booming. They are thousands of them and counting. If I don't clean the glass for a few days, they're literally everywhere. Highly recommend that pack from Algae Barn.

OP
OP
Kryptonian

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Red Sea Misbar Regal Angel from TSMAquatics has joined the family. Got held up in shipping an extra day and made me very worried. Luckily, even with the extra 24 hours in shipping, he arrived in good shape. Took about two days to get comfortable coming out of the cave. Today is day 3 and we started getting worried again because he wasn't eating. Went out and got some blood worms and he definitely got a belly full tonight, whew! Looks incredible especially with the Indo-pacific regal right next to him. The color differences between the two regions, in pictures, just don't do it justice. Awesome fish! One misbar on the right side and two misbars with a cool spot above his face on the left side.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.02.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.01.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.16.06 PM.png

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Red Sea Misbar Regal Angel from TSMAquatics has joined the family. Got held up in shipping an extra day and made me very worried. Luckily, even with the extra 24 hours in shipping, he arrived in good shape. Took about two days to get comfortable coming out of the cave. Today is day 3 and we started getting worried again because he wasn't eating. Went out and got some blood worms and he definitely got a belly full tonight, whew! Looks incredible especially with the Indo-pacific regal right next to him. The color differences between the two regions, in pictures, just don't do it justice. Awesome fish! One misbar on the right side and two misbars with a cool spot above his face on the left side.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.02.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.01.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.16.06 PM.png
Beautiful fish and wow on the shipping!

OP
OP
Kryptonian

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First complete mystery disappearance. A 3" clown is gone without a trace. I know for a fact I saw him a couple of evenings ago, approx 36 hours. This morning during feeding I realized the other clown was swimming alone. 1. Checked the overflow box, nothing. 2. Checked the sump, nothing. 3. Searched behind the tank and around the room, nothing. There are a couple smaller emerald crabs and one coral banded but in no way could these critters consume that entire clown overnight. There are no fins, bones, unexplained meaty chunks or anything around the tank. It's looking like the only reasonable explanation is that one of the anemones consumed the clown during one of the past two nights. Last night around 7, the nems did their nightly deflation to release waste. I did not see anything unusual so also thinking they had to eat the clown last night. None of them look particularly swollen or enlarged with a huge fish in their belly but you never know I guess...
The clowns do not host so the nem could have reacted to a clown falling in its lap.
No ammonia or nitrite spike.

Undecidedmn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find 2 xr 15s were enough light? Don't they recommend 3 xr 30s?