WC during Polyp Lab Medic treatment?

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started treating ich in my reef with Polyp Lab Medic. I plan to use it for the full 20 day treatment. My question is if I can do a WC if necessary part way through without effecting the process. I assume the dosing is to keep the meds (which are a form of peroxide if I'm not mistaken) at a constant level, and as long as I do the WC before a dose I should be ok. Thoughts?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only real way to eradicate Ich completely from the display is to QT all fish for 76 days. Unless you are going the Ich management route then I would make sure your feeding heavy nutritional foods dosed with selcon. Here is a good read!

OP
OP
ianryd

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only real way to eradicate Ich completely from the display is to QT all fish for 76 days. Unless you are going the Ich management route then I would make sure your feeding heavy nutritional foods dosed with selcon. Here is a good read!

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've always had it in the tank, but have managed it up to this point. I have one fish that has the tell tale white spots on its fins that come and go. I do regularly feed a wide variety of food laced with selcon and garlic. But my main question is about the water change during my treatment. And I will give that link a read thanks!

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand why people reply witg what they just know and dont answer the real question.

WC can do ? yes or no?
if yes when to do before after or after 10 days or after 20 days. thats a simple question people answer FISHLESS CYCLE crap. Yeah we know FISHLESS but don't wana do that so what now. Just answer the question if u dont know don't reply.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you didn’t say PLEEAASE. Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to a bunch of stuff, this is just the latest on the list. I am curious how this stuff works however, without doing a load of bad things.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand why people reply witg what they just know and dont answer the real question.

WC can do ? yes or no?
if yes when to do before after or after 10 days or after 20 days. thats a simple question people answer FISHLESS CYCLE crap. Yeah we know FISHLESS but don't wana do that so what now. Just answer the question if u dont know don't reply.
Doesn’t seem to have a requirement for a water change;

So, what is this stuff? Hydrogen peroxide?

Attachments

• F36746A3-387A-465C-9F03-7BBFF9129DF5.png
    F36746A3-387A-465C-9F03-7BBFF9129DF5.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 50

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
problem with ploylab products they dont say whats inside most of their products.

shanikap123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started treating ich in my reef with Polyp Lab Medic. I plan to use it for the full 20 day treatment. My question is if I can do a WC if necessary part way through without effecting the process. I assume the dosing is to keep the meds (which are a form of peroxide if I'm not mistaken) at a constant level, and as long as I do the WC before a dose I should be ok. Thoughts?
I see this post is a couple of years old, but did you get the answer that you needed currently I’m going through the same thing and cannot find anything about if I should do or if it’s safe to do a water change

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back