(WD) Walt Disney Growth Progression-

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will get a pic maybe in a week or 2... I clipped the tip after it lost a little tissue on 1 branch. Also had random issues throughout the tank that I couldn't explain until I check my mixing barrel.... my pump rusted out bad surprised the impeller was still able to move... poisoning my tank. I caught it fast enough that the only coral I did loose was a really large volleyball sized stylophora surprisingly! the walt has since healed over the cut but has not grown much..
Here is a pic of the drum, my mixing pump was just covered orange and the whole inside of the barrel orange with rust... this pic is even after a rinse and scrub. Nice and clean now!!
20190617_151602.jpg

One reason I like to use a brute now so I can wash the bucket out each use and check the pump often. What pump were you using that rusted that bad?

OP
OP
Reefer40b

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reason I like to use a brute now so I can wash the bucket out each use and check the pump often. What pump were you using that rusted that bad?
I have been removing the pump now every mix just incase i have another issue and will be checking my barrel more often. I was using an ecoplus 1267

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a separate salt mixing container in my 20 years of reefing. Water goes from ro reservoir to 3 gallon jugs, pour 3 cups of salt, shake shake shake, and goes in the tank when temp is correct.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a separate salt mixing container in my 20 years of reefing. Water goes from ro reservoir to 3 gallon jugs, pour 3 cups of salt, shake shake shake, and goes in the tank when temp is correct.

1 cup/gallon? Is that right? What salt are you using?

OP
OP
Reefer40b

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only i had that small of a tank i could shake 3 gals.... it would take all day if i did that... i use two 55 gal barrels.

OP
OP
Reefer40b

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I did end up growing that old piece of Walt out to nice sized ball of coral but lost it when we moved and can't find a picture. I got a new piece of Big R Walt(Reputable Source) and well I guess lets get this thread revived from the dead and start with a this picture, to track the growth of this new piece! :cool: Can't find a picture of when I first got it but we will start here...3/4in frag grown to 1in then tip was clipped and glued next to it, hopefully should spur more branch growth which it looks to be doing!
-SEPT 15th 2020
20200916_154106.jpg

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back