Weaning True Percula's fry's off of rotifers

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a quick run down,,, feed rotifers till day 10 nomatter if they eat them or not, also at the same time feed otoA beginning of day 3, that way when you stop feeding rotifers on day 10 your fry will already be used to the otoA... Make sense,Thats the way i do it and i have great success, hope it helps!!

OP
OP
Ms. Mermaid

Ms. Mermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say three days does that include the night they hatch are start the three day count on the after they have hatched? Also you said otoA. I don't have that one I do have the TDO-A is that the samething???

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the night they hatch lets say it's sunday night they hatch, on wednesday morning start feeding the tdo-A (this is better than oto A IMO.) And feed a pinch everyday along with the rotifers, at day ten stop feeding rotifers and keep feeding the tdo-A and by then they will already be weaned off rots.... Understand now??

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would add the next tdo probably about day 20-25 depending the growth rate on your babies... I do water changes to control ammonia, tons of water changes, i dont really like the chemical cause to me it causes defects, other use it but i just dont!!!

specvjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I've not bred true Percs, I have experience with other clowns and other fish as well. What I've always done is, continue with rotifers, then slowly decrease the amount of rotifers. Replace the rotifers with the new source of food until you are no longer feeding rotifers. You should do this over a couple weeks. Hope this helps!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back