week update

aidanmathiau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last week my clown fish had a cyst on its face, and it “went” away( it turned red and bloody), now it’s back again and it looks worse than before is there anything i can do to make it go away or is it just something that happens. the first photo is from last week and the second one is current.

02B4C226-45EC-42EF-B0FA-1783359B5C42.png 1273FBA4-9605-4B03-98FE-8E297474EE27.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
last week my clown fish had a cyst on its face, and it “went” away( it turned red and bloody), now it’s back again and it looks worse than before is there anything i can do to make it go away or is it just something that happens. the first photo is from last week and the second one is current.

02B4C226-45EC-42EF-B0FA-1783359B5C42.png 1273FBA4-9605-4B03-98FE-8E297474EE27.jpeg
Appears to be an infection
What did you treat with ?

OP
OP
A

aidanmathiau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be an infection
What did you treat with ?
i haven’t treated it with anything yet, people were saying to watch it because it could be from my other clown fighting it, but i really doubt that i don’t see them fight often and when they do it’s usually my female biting my males tale. do you have any recommendations for what i should use?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a pair of fish (i.e. a mated pair/bought as a pair) ? If so - they could be locking jaws prior to breeding - as compared to fighting. The coloration on your picture looks odd (bright orange to me) - I might consider treating with antibiotics as @vetteguy53081 said - these injuries are quite common with 'territory establishing behavior' - so - its unclear whether after treatment - it will come back. However - assuming the orange in your picture is red - I would treat it with an antibiotic in a hospital tank

OP
OP
A

aidanmathiau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pair of fish (i.e. a mated pair/bought as a pair) ? If so - they could be locking jaws prior to breeding - as compared to fighting. The coloration on your picture looks odd (bright orange to me) - I might consider treating with antibiotics as @vetteguy53081 said - these injuries are quite common with 'territory establishing behavior' - so - its unclear whether after treatment - it will come back. However - assuming the orange in your picture is red - I would treat it with an antibiotic in a hospital tank
yea they are a pair, i just went and bought some melafix i’m gonna try and use that for this week and see if anything changes, if they are locking jaws would it show up on both fish?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yea they are a pair, i just went and bought some melafix i’m gonna try and use that for this week and see if anything changes, if they are locking jaws would it show up on both fish?
Please update everyone!!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Melafix has not had huge success based on reports from this site FWIW. B ut mainly its not clear that this lesion would be treated by melafix anyway?

OP
OP
A

aidanmathiau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melafix has not had huge success based on reports from this site FWIW. B ut mainly its not clear that this lesion would be treated by melafix anyway?
none of the pet stores around me sell anything that specifically said anything about lesions, it said it helps with red sores so i figured i’d try, i looked on amazon and chewy and for ruby reef rally pro but it said the soonest i could get it was next week. do you have any other suggestions for treatment?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
none of the pet stores around me sell anything that specifically said anything about lesions, it said it helps with red sores so i figured i’d try, i looked on amazon and chewy and for ruby reef rally pro but it said the soonest i could get it was next week. do you have any other suggestions for treatment?
Amazon can usually send you things sooner if you pay for shipping.

OP
OP
A

aidanmathiau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
week update, the melafix got it to go down for a little bit and got rid of the redness, but didn’t get rid of it, i don’t think i’m gonna add more of that stuff it made my goby act weird and doesn’t seem to be super effective, i’m gonna order some ruby reef rally pro now and see if that helps. this is how my female clown looks now
4AB26D3E-A283-47BE-A7D3-1215447BB408.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
week update, the melafix got it to go down for a little bit and got rid of the redness, but didn’t get rid of it, i don’t think i’m gonna add more of that stuff it made my goby act weird and doesn’t seem to be super effective, i’m gonna order some ruby reef rally pro now and see if that helps. this is how my female clown looks now
4AB26D3E-A283-47BE-A7D3-1215447BB408.jpeg
Thanks for the update

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back