• Alert, alert, fish disease

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pensive Pufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I suspect Im probably just reading into things too much, but since I have access to this awesome community I figured Id ask. I have two clownfish. One has already established himself as dominant. They're about six months old and the dominant one is gaining size quick. The past few days the other clown has been swimming at the top of the tank a lot. He still eats a ton, but he doesn't seem to be increasing in size nearly as fast as the other fish. I was wondering if maybe he was getting sick. He doesn't have any outward issues, but are there any parasites or anything that present themselves with the fish swimming at the top of the tank more than usual? Part of me thinks it may just be my other clown is harassing him more than usual, but i am just kind of concerned. He has always been a jumper so maybe he is just trying to do that. The parameters are good though and all my other fish and critters seem very happy even my emerald crab and snails. Is there something wrong or am I just crazy?

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not crazy but this is normal. As clowns established their pecking order the most dominant one will grow larger and become female the next will grow a slight bit but stay much smaller and become your male. Should the female die the dominant male will become the female and grow larger and the next fish in pecking order (if you had more) would become the new male. It's just the way nature works in this case lol.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine, they spawn regularly you can see a normal size difference.

IMG_20191116_155010.jpg

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it this way I knew it was about a clown just by the title strange fishies our clown fish clown my name and nature

OP
OP
P

Pensive Pufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha "Herself" you're right. My girlfriend has been begging to rename her. Glad to know its nothing out of the ordinary. They certainly do clown thats for sure

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its normal ive had my tomato clownfish for 8 months the male hasnt gotten much larger since ive had them the female has gotten larger and darker

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back