OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new pics. Sorry it has been so long since I updated. Things have been filling in pretty well. I'm dealing with a little bit of algae/cyano at the moment. The tank has been neglected the last couple months. Too many trips/vacations this summer. I just did a big cleaning and sucked a bunch of mud out of the sump. Hopefully that clears it up.

FTS

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I'll try to get one this weekend. Out of town for business right now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some new pics. Sorry it has been so long since I updated. Things have been filling in pretty well. I'm dealing with a little bit of algae/cyano at the moment. The tank has been neglected the last couple months. Too many trips/vacations this summer. I just did a big cleaning and sucked a bunch of mud out of the sump. Hopefully that clears it up.

FTS

Beautiful reef!!

ankitgandre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb tank !! Superb scape ! Best tank I have seen so farr..
Sir can you tell wat equipments you are using? Bio pellets? Or any other reactors for nitrate/phosphate?

ankitgandre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir can you tell wat equipments you are using? Bio pellets? Or any other reactors for nitrate/phosphate?

ankitgandre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ankitgandre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man,

Sorry it's been pretty hectic here and it slipped my mind. I'll try to get a pic soon.

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.

Just Skimmer and a big reactor with GFO right now. I dose BRS 2-part with a litermeter 3 and that's it.

The corals are getting more and more thirsty for two part as everything is getting bigger. I might look into a Calcium reactor in the future, but I'm afraid to make big changes when everything is doing well.

I think having the large water volume makes it easier to keep parameters very stable, and I believe that has been my key to success.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Page 1 was nice, Page 2 got sweet, page 3 was impressive, and the video on page 4 was stunning... the pictures you posted before your AEFW was absolutely gorgeous! I had a friend with a 265 have the exact same problem +redbugs. Its no easy task to qt drop of water and every mm of coral flesh! Best of luck on your uphill swing, it appears you're tank is doing really well!

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

Yeah the battle with AEFW is not something I would wish on anyone. It was a sad time. But thankfully I was able to save at least a frag of most of them and regrow. The process of QT and weekly dips seemed harder on the corals than the actual worms. I haven't added any new corals since I got through it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back