Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer xl200.
Current fish

2 x gladiator clowns
1 yasha and shrimp
1 blue spotted Jawfish

I’m looking for a my next fish to be a middle or top of the tank swimmer. Any recommendations??

I’m thinking basslet?? Fire fish??

Thanks

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A captive bred cleaner wrasse would fit those reqs. One of my favorites.

I would not call the firefish a middle or top of tank ‘swimmer’. They more float in place. I liked to joke that mine got up on the morning and got on his treadmill. The exquisite and Helfrichi are gorgeous fish though.

OP
OP
T

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would not call the firefish a middle or top of tank ‘swimmer’. They more float in place. I liked to joke that mine got up on the morning and got on his treadmill. The exquisite and Helfrichi are gorgeous fish though.
They have a Heldrichi at my lfs for $150 canadian. Is that good??

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think that's one of the true benefits of firefish, though, as they stay put long enough for you to enjoy them. My purple firefish is actually quiet active, though, and darts around and into burrows before coming out and "hovering" in spot. It actually reminds me of a dragonfly (a slow one) in its movements.

rocklobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any kind of blenny. They’re such funky fish with a big personality. My blennys watch me from across the house. Also great for a little tank.

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zebra Barred Dartfish or even saltwater mollies. They tend to occupy the mid to upper water column.

Attachments

• Darfish.jpg
    Darfish.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 19

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any experience with them? Are they peaceful?? Can I put one in with wrasses and angels

They are peaceful. They would do fine with peaceful wrasses but probably hide more. I have one in my Nuvo 20 with a cherub angel, banghai card, and a hooded flame wrasse. No bullying but he tends to stay behind the rockwork more.

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any experience with them? Are they peaceful?? Can I put one in with wrasses and angels

They are extremely peaceful! I had one myself until recently (tank got cleared out by a disease). You hear nightmares about them jumping out of tanks if startled but mine never seemed skittish or shy in the least.

So I don’t think there’s any concern a firefish would harass wrasses or angels...maybe the other way around depending on the temperament of your fish and the size of your tank.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are extremely peaceful! I had one myself until recently (tank got cleared out by a disease). You hear nightmares about them jumping out of tanks if startled but mine never seemed skittish or shy in the least.

So I don’t think there’s any concern a firefish would harass wrasses or angels...maybe the other way around depending on the temperament of your fish and the size of your tank.
Yea I meant the other way around, I have a flameback and multicolor angel, flameback is a little bit of a bully

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back