What’s the best source of live rock?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you can pickup the aquacultured stuff in person to save on shipping.
That's correct although I'll likely be picking up live rubble and sand to inoculate dry rock due to wanting something more aesthetic than what they dumped and seeded.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure not everyone follows that rule....
I'm not messing with FWC. Although not exactly sure the rules on unattached items such as a bottle that's been at sea long enough to accumulate barnacles. Same with sand and rubble. Thought I read those can be collected and the goal is to seed the tank with diversity that bacteria in a bottle lacks. Plan is to go get me some but I'll check with them first to confirm the rules on their website. Sadly not all in enforcement aware of every rule and you might still get busted because they don't care for your interpretation. People aren't perfect.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not messing with FWC. Although not exactly sure the rules on unattached items such as a bottle that's been at sea long enough to accumulate barnacles. Same with sand and rubble. Thought I read those can be collected and the goal is to seed the tank with diversity that bacteria in a bottle lacks. Plan is to go get me some but I'll check with them first to confirm the rules on their website. Sadly not all in enforcement aware of every rule and you might still get busted because they don't care for your interpretation. People aren't perfect.

I paid for non-resident license in FL and was able to collect stuff on past trips.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid for non-resident license in FL and was able to collect stuff on past trips.
Curious if that was unattached rubble as I believe that's legal but not putting chisel to attached. Laws here can always suddenly change, however.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Curious if that was unattached rubble as I believe that's legal but not putting chisel to attached. Laws here can always suddenly change, however.

I wasnt talking about LR but CUC.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back