what’s this thing and how do i get it out?

OP
OP
k log(omega)

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know. I dose kalk in my tank so I just use that. Might be cheaper.
IMG_5768.jpeg

what about this one?

OP
OP
k log(omega)

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks the same to me
i added these rocks to give me some biodiversity and help outcompete crap like dino and cyano so the last thing i wanna do is introduce a new pest lol. i scraped that thing out the best i could and shot a syringe or two of boiling water in the area. hope that takes care of it because my rock is super porous so it would be annoying if it started filling up with aiptasia

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s a long way of recommending immediate removal i’ve dealt with aptasia in the past and while they’re annoying to get rid of i found them much easier than many other issues.

however, you got me a little scared. what would you recommend? quarantine the rock on its own and use aptasia x and watch it?
Your first instinct was fine. No need to get scared by brandon, lol

Last edited:

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While ugly, file fish are the best cure for glass anemones and have by far the best personality towards you and its tank mates. I was hesitant to get one for years because they are so ugly. What a mistake that was. He's always hunting.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every time he comes in with one of those morbid takes it makes me rethink everything i’ve learned about keeping aquariums in the past 10 years
And he can't just SAY something, he has to be all cryptic and insulting and uses entirely too many words ;)

OP
OP
k log(omega)

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While ugly, file fish are the best cure for glass anemones and have by far the best personality towards you and its tank mates. I was hesitant to get one for years because they are so ugly. What a mistake that was. He's always hunting.
i actually think they’re super cool looking just never got one because i was worried about it with corals. can you shed some of your experience with them? are they OK with corals? easy to feed other than aptasia? i have a 50 gallon with mostly soft and sps

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back