What a GREAT idea!!!

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.aqua-mags.com/product.php

I just saw this- maybe I am just a day late and a dollar short, but How cool! I never even thought of it, and I am kicking my self looking at the cleaner magnets I have. I think that this will work even betterthan glue for the overflow project I wanted to do.

:D
Laurie

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post a couple pics tonight of something I came up with about a year ago...I glued a section of eggcrate to one of my normal mag floats, to make a sort of frag rack. It has freed up some serious room in both my display and prop systems!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stixbaraca said:
I will post a couple pics tonight of something I came up with about a year ago...I glued a section of eggcrate to one of my normal mag floats, to make a sort of frag rack. It has freed up some serious room in both my display and prop systems!

LoLz.. got two of those.. one is 2" x 10" and one is 2" x 7"... def a great idea..

I use 'em for frags that are ready to go for sale or trade.. :)

Marvin

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a saving grace!!!

m.jpg

p.jpg

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahahahahaha! See, now THIS is why I love you guys- how often do you get smart AND creative in the same brain?? That rack is too cool.

Hey Maroony- that's exactly what they do. I want to use them on my plastic overflow box too, but I am casting around at the moment to see if I can make them myself before I pony up that much cash for 6.

Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stix, what sort of zoas are those on the plug on the edge near the LR, next to the watermelons? Are those up for grabs?

:innocent:
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two behind the orange... fartherest away from the camera, in a little mound?
:confused:
Laurie

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll love this one! I just sold a couple frags this week and last to free up some funds for the hobby...and that one went out as a freebie to an old friend! Sorry

kevxross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant, Stix! When it comes time for prepping frags this will definately come in handy in my little 5.5gal.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:

I just saw this- maybe I am just a day late and a dollar short, but How cool! I never even thought of it, and I am kicking my self looking at the cleaner magnets I have. I think that this will work even betterthan glue for the overflow project I wanted to do.

Laurie

two guys in my reef club are the ones who came up with those, and they gave a few away at the last reef meeting. ive got two sps mounted and i am ordering a six pack from him.

they are really cool, the magnets are very strong and i love how easily they can be moved around.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I bought some 3/4 diameter magnets today at a local craft store. THey seem to do the job, but I wish they were stronger. I'm playing with the idea of trying to find some stronger ones, shear off the top of Larry's ceramic frag plus with bone shears, and hot glue them together.

Of course, for all that work I might as well buy them...

:lol:
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
twon8 said:
jessiesgrrl said:

Laurie

two guys in my reef club are the ones who came up with those, and they gave a few away at the last reef meeting. ive got two sps mounted and i am ordering a six pack from him.

they are really cool, the magnets are very strong and i love how easily they can be moved around.

Twon- lean on them for a CZ discount!!!

You can do it!!!

:lol:
Laurie

Back