What are these bubbles on my acan?

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I read something about lacerations maybe? But I can’t find anything else. What causes it? Or is it growth? It has been like this for a long time now. I have had this since it was a one head frag

29608FCC-5AAF-4F10-A091-9EC1EF1935E8.jpeg 3C002D6F-C23C-4BB5-91C8-A2ABEB6E80C0.jpeg

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cornfused. Lol

I know acans changed names too but I still call them acans lol.
also I have a few acanmussa, and I’ve watched them sprout new heads, this bubbly stuff just looks different. They do bounce lol

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cornfused. Lol

I know acans changed names too but I still call them acans lol.
also I have a few acanmussa, and I’ve watched them sprout new heads, this bubbly stuff just looks different. They do bounce lol
They're basically joking that you've either got two corals or a "bounce" acan that would be potentially be valuable.

The only thing I can find on this condition is that it may potentially be caused either by some kind of high lighting (some people say LED's, others UV; it's basically thought to be similar to sunburn reaction in people) or by elevated potassium levels, and it doesn't seem to negatively impact the corals in any way (but the bubbles if popped are prone to infection):

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're basically joking that you've either got two corals or a "bounce" acan that would be potentially be valuable.

The only thing I can find on this condition is that it may potentially be caused either by some kind of high lighting (some people say LED's, others UV; it's basically thought to be similar to sunburn reaction in people) or by elevated potassium levels, and it doesn't seem to negatively impact the corals in any way (but the bubbles if popped are prone to infection):
Wow thanks for all of the info, I am going to read through all of that shortly. Bounce acan would be pretty neat. The bubbles do bounce in the current, which is cool.

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently experiencing this. The Acan is visibly ticked off and has darker bubbles protruding. I thought it was bubble algea at first but now im reading through your links, very helpful, thanks!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%

Back