What are these in my zoas?

ParsedOut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my little zoa colony has been doing great for the last few months. Came home today and they are all closed up and ticked. Notice these two white tube like things. Can't tell what they are. First one is dead center and the other is kind of behind the rock. Tunicates? Closed up feather dusters? Any ideas?

20180726_201420.jpg

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 pineapple sponges. though harmless filter feeders but in your case they are bothering zoas colony. try to remove then with hand or razor.

OP
OP
ParsedOut

ParsedOut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plucked them out with some watch repair tweezers. Came out easily, while I was in there I found a bunch of small white crusty half swirl shaped things on the plug and base rock. I scraped them off, should I be concerned about that?

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plucked them out with some watch repair tweezers. Came out easily, while I was in there I found a bunch of small white crusty half swirl shaped things on the plug and base rock. I scraped them off, should I be concerned about that?

It sounds like spirorbid worms which are harmless. You will find them more and more in your tank as system matures.

Back