What are these little red things under my anemone

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happened to glance at my tank on my way out the door this morning and noticed these small red things under (one of my) anemone(s).

I'm hoping they're just some kind of innocuous sponge and not that my anemone suddenly just spawned dozens more. I really don't want any more.

OP
OP
J

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm okay with that. It's only a 40g tank. There's not a whole lot of space left.
As fun as it might be, I don't want to go spending tons of money on that.

I suppose this why they've been so protective of the anemones lately. I got so many [anemones] right now that a few times a day I have to go in there and poke at them with something so they shrink back down for a few hours. Otherwise they'll annoy the corals. But for the past week or two, the clowns have clearly been trying to prevent me from doing it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I happened to glance at my tank on my way out the door this morning and noticed these small red things under (one of my) anemone(s).

I'm hoping they're just some kind of innocuous sponge and not that my anemone suddenly just spawned dozens more. I really don't want any more.

no doubt clown eggs which I get every 3-4 weeks, Unless transferred to another tank are consumed by tankmates

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back