What are they doing???

scrapdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally decided that my cycle was far enough along to get some life in my tank. I went to the lfs and bought 2 clownfish, clean up crew members, and a gsp. After placing them in the tank they wondered for a while and all was well.
Upon waking the next morning I noticed they have some what adopted the back corner of my dt. Well that is where they have been almost without ever leaving that area for days now. My wife thinks they are nesting. I however have no idea what is so alluring about that corner. Please see video. Thanks!!!

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they are "hosting" that corner of your tank. They like a place to call home, even without an anemone. Mine hosted the corner of my tank along my overflow for the longest time. They will go to "bed" there everynight...until something better comes along! ;)

rvlcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do the same thing. They are laying eggs regularly too.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are near my over flow too... Clowns are my favorite and of course the pair I have are in the bank barely able to see. Good luck trying to get them a new home because they're stubborn ha

OP
OP
scrapdaddy

scrapdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they are "hosting" that corner of your tank. They like a place to call home, even without an anemone. Mine hosted the corner of my tank along my overflow for the longest time. They will go to "bed" there everynight...until something better comes along! ;)

Hahahaha. Thanks just my luck I guess. They pick the area of the tank that for the most part cant be seen. Us new kids on the block need all the help we can get from the experienced reefers. I guess I did learn how to post videos tho!! Thanks again for the info.

OP
OP
scrapdaddy

scrapdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do the same thing. They are laying eggs regularly too.

I guess time will tell. I wouldn't mind if they did lay eggs except for my lack of knowledge on how to care for them after. I am still very new at this ( coming up on 2 months soon) Thanks for the response!!

OP
OP
scrapdaddy

scrapdaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are near my over flow too... Clowns are my favorite and of course the pair I have are in the bank barely able to see. Good luck trying to get them a new home because they're stubborn ha

Well, their food is placed at the other end of the tank. I guess if they get hungry enough they will come find it and choose an area over there to live.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha. Thanks just my luck I guess. They pick the area of the tank that for the most part cant be seen. Us new kids on the block need all the help we can get from the experienced reefers. I guess I did learn how to post videos tho!! Thanks again for the info.
Anytime! I am only a year and a few months in...believe me, you will ALWAYS have questions! There is always something going on with these critters! It is so much fun though!

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just echoing what everyone has said, hosting. My clowns hang out on the back glass of the tank. I tried a bunch of things to get them into a nem but ultimately, they went back to the wall. I figure that they know what they want so it's whatever.

rvlcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess time will tell. I wouldn't mind if they did lay eggs except for my lack of knowledge on how to care for them after. I am still very new at this ( coming up on 2 months soon) Thanks for the response!!

I have no idea ,nor the desire, to raise clownfish. My guess is they hatch and get eaten that night.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 89 44.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back