What are your best tips for someone wanting to build a business with coral

PinkSango

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title asks, what are your best tips for someone wanting to build a business propagating coral? I'm new to the hobby and it's always been my dream to have my own coral farm. (Even possibly help researchers and scientists with building back our natural reefs in some way??)

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Learn from as many people as you can on maintaining a successful system.
Learn methods to prevent pests / diseases.
Have good relationship with your local hobbyist, they will be your first supporters.
Learn how to take good pics of your corals.
Start selling at local swap to get your name/brand out.
Have a good return/DOA policies.
If you are shipping, test shipment by sending to friends from different parts of the country at different time of the years.
Be cautious of who you trust when it comes to business confidentials.
Ask/observe vendors you think are doing well what their methods are.
Don't minimize the affect of what social media can do to help (instagram, facebook, etc.)

avoid talking bad about another business especially with "customers"

Upvote 0

kaos14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my own coral propagation business about a year ago, and it's been an amazing journey.
Start with learning the basics and get a good handle on coral care and propagation techniques, right? What helped me a lot was having a mentor who had already been down that road.

Upvote 0

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my own coral propagation business about a year ago, and it's been an amazing journey.
Start with learning the basics and get a good handle on coral care and propagation techniques, right? What helped me a lot was having a mentor who had already been down that road.
got a link?

Upvote 0

kaos14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have lost contact with her, but I know that she started last year a personal blog. You can visit this page to read her articles regarding business, and you may find some contact details.

Upvote 0

jrp1588

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To use SEO to increase sales for your coral farming business, you could focus on optimizing your website for relevant keywords, creating high-quality content, and building backlinks from reputable sources. It's also important to ensure your website is user-friendly and has a clear call-to-action.
Any tips, specifically on backlinks? I'm working as the photographer/designer/social media/marketing/anything that requires a computer guy at a small online/brick and mortar coral store. Our SEO is decent, but I don't even begin to have an idea on how to get people to link to us.

Upvote 0

affan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To use SEO to increase sales for your coral farming business, you could focus on optimizing your website for relevant keywords, creating high-quality content, and building backlinks from reputable sources. It's also important to ensure your website is user-friendly and has a clear call-to-action.
Fully agree with this, you can use SEO techniques to promote your coral business, it's basically the easiest way to bring the most revenue

Upvote 0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back