What corals to buy

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what do you like? Tank size,lights, give us some info on your tank so we can give suggestions. Also what are you looking for in your tank? color,shape hardiness.etc

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t buy frags. Buy colonies from people on Craigslist. The survival rate is much better than the toothpicks and more rewarding to gaze upon.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t buy frags. Buy colonies from people on Craigslist. The survival rate is much better than the toothpicks and more rewarding to gaze upon.

Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.

Happy waiting.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back